Why ‘Online Video’ should be a part of your Advertising dollars?
By Eric Hartmann, Co-Owner HG Digital Marketing
A famous marketing quote states, “Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted; the trouble is I don't know which half.” Whether you are a large or small business, this statement likely resonates with you. Moreover, while we do not advocate against traditional forms of advertising, we do suggest that advertising dollars allocated to video marketing will be well spent.
Here is WHY…
Video marketing allows businesses to tell their story. Being human, and creating an emotional connection is critical to business success. We believe this is the foundation of a business promotional video. Video marketing effectively builds brand awareness, lead generation, and online engagement. Online video also helps you promote your products and services, improves your search results, but perhaps most importantly, helps to establish your company in a particular industry.
Facebook and YouTube
Every business should have a Facebook page, YouTube channel, and optimize their business for Google searches. Naturally, video marketing can help in each of these facets.
Facebook – As you have likely noticed, Facebook derivatives value video content. As a $70 billion company, Facebook understands consumer preferences and knows that video is engaging. According to HubSpot, 46% of marketers plan to add Facebook video to their content strategy in the next year.
YouTube – Provides the ideal place for businesses to store video content. As the second largest search engine in the world, having an active YouTube channel provides an additional way to connect with customers. In an average month, 8 out of 10 18- to 49-year-olds watch YouTube. (Google, 2016)
Consider the shelf life of a well-produced promotional video. For a relatively low price, this video is now a staple for your website, a relevant social media post, and actively found content on YouTube. Further, consider the impact of storytelling and visual engagement.
Almost half of all companies plan to embrace video marketing, and we think you should too.
If you agree, we should connect!
Additional Video Marketing Statistics
• 4X as many customers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it. (Animoto, 2015)
• Almost 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store. (Google, 2016)
• Shoppers who view video are 1.81X more likely to purchase than non-viewers. (Animoto, 2015)
• Social Video
• 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week. (HubSpot, 2016)
• 100 million hours of video are watched every day on Facebook. (TechCrunch, 2016)
• 55% of people consume video content thoroughly. (HubSpot, 2016)
• 43% of people want to see more video content from marketers. (HubSpot, 2016)
• Nearly two-thirds of consumers prefer video under 60 seconds. (Animoto, 2015)
• 51.9% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI. (Adobe, 2015)
• 48% of marketers plan to add YouTube to their content strategy in the next year. (HubSpot, 2017)
• On mobile alone in an average week, YouTube reaches more 18+ year-olds during prime-time TV hours than any cable TV network. (Google, 2016)
• YouTube is more commonly used by larger businesses. For example, 71% of businesses with 100+ employees use YouTube, compared to 38% of the self-employed. (Social Media Examiner, 2015)
• YouTube has over a billion users, almost one-third of all people on the Internet. (YouTube, 2016)
• Among millennials, YouTube accounts for two-thirds of the premium online video watched across devices. (Google, 2016)
• The time people spend watching YouTube on their TV has more than doubled year over year. (Google, 2016)